[extropy-chat] Imitation and flattery

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Wed May 26 18:41:47 UTC 2004

Well, they cribbed most their statement of intent directly from the FSP
SOI. I've been hearing murmurs about a Christian State Project for
awhile, and not surprised that they didn't even offer a state selection
process. The announcement over the gay marriage decision in MA is just
a publicity stunt. The group actually dates back to last fall.

We're not too perturbed, they picked a pretty good state to promote
superstition, fear, and ignorance in. THeir thing also will help
differentiate our project in the minds of independent voters.

--- Brent Neal <brentn at freeshell.org> wrote:

> I'm curious to know what the folks involved in the Free State
> organization make of this:
>
> http://www.christianexodus.org/
>
> Amusement? Bemusement? Disgust?
>
> Brent
>
> --
> Brent Neal
> Geek of all Trades
> http://brentn.freeshell.org
>
> "Specialization is for insects" -- Robert A. Heinlein

=====
Mike Lorrey
Chairman, Free Town Land Development
                                         -William Pitt (1759-1806)