[extropy-chat] Re: balloon stations at the edge of space

Johnius Johnius at Genius.UCSD.edu
Wed May 26 23:10:17 UTC 2004

Hi all,

  I forwarded a few of the comments (with initials, not names)
>to the inventor(Win Wenger, cc'd at WWenger101 at aol.com), and he
responded:

> 'DC' has it quite right.
>
> The rest is "mere" engineering.  Everything needed has been "on the shelf"
> for decades though the modern computers make possible a considerable improvement
> over what we could have done thirty years ago with this (by now we could have
> been all over the Solar System, with manned flights and stations, the first
> O'Neill-scale habitats could be going up about now...).
>
> Thank you for bringing this to appropriate people's attention.   ...win

	Does anyone here know what it would take to do a feasibility
	study or at least an accurate simulation, draw up appropriate
	blueprints, come up with an estimated budget and projected
	profits, turn this into a real project, etc.?

	Thanks, Johnius