[extropy-chat] balloon stations at the edge of space

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Thu May 27 14:25:12 UTC 2004

Ok I've got it, a way to launch a vacuum balloon from sea level without
resorting to super strong material made of unobtainium, in fact you could
use the same thin plastic film conventional balloons use. It couldn't be
simpler, all you have to do is put a little Dark Energy in the vacuum
balloon. Of course as the volume of the balloon gets larger due to reduced
atmospheric pressure the counter pressure produced by the Dark Energy will
get even bigger, so you'll have to bleed off the excess to keep the vacuum
balloon from bursting, but these little problems can be worked out; I don't
know why anybody hasn't tried this before.

   John K Clark        jonkc at att.net