[extropy-chat] Popular Luddism

Brent Neal brentn at freeshell.org
Mon May 31 20:50:15 UTC 2004

 (5/31/04 12:56) Mike Lorrey <mlorrey at yahoo.com> wrote:

>Cheaper synthetic diamonds for drill tips makes for more comfortable
>drilling/grinding/polishing, anasthetics for pain take effect sooner,
>among other things.

Not to mention air-abrasion, eliminating the need for drills (and in many cases anaesthetics) entirely. Air-abrasion is essentially a mini-sandblaster for teeth.  My dentist got it specifically for a few patients of his who react badly to the common nerve-block agents. I've had one tooth done without anaesthetic, and while its not comfortable, its certainly not painful.

Brent Neal
Geek of all Trades
http://brentn.freeshell.org

"Specialization is for insects" -- Robert A. Heinlein