[extropy-chat] RE: Aw Nuts! Bush Wins... Bush's triumph: gettingthe poor to favour the rich

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 4 04:38:39 UTC 2004

> Sean Diggins
... RE: Aw Nuts! Bush Wins... Bush's
> triumph: gettingthe poor to favour the rich
>

> Bush's triumph: getting the poor to favour the rich
> By Anatole Kaletsky - The London Times
>
> WHATEVER happens in today's American election - and the odds still
> marginally favour a Kerry victory, for reasons which I explain for the
> benefit of political junkies at the bottom of this page - one thing is
> absolutely certain. This has not been an election about
> economics...

Interesting essay, but I long for people everywhere to
recognize a simple fact.  It is not the president's job
to give us a job.  It is the *venture capitalists'* job to
give us a job.  The president might encourage venture
capitalists to give us jobs, but he is only very indirectly
responsible for unemployment.

I do hope that message becomes clear: the president is
not the CEO of America.  His powers are much more restricted,
fortunately.  Those who hold the real capital are those
who control the economy.  If we want them to make the
economy good, we need to pay them.