[extropy-chat] No Joy in Mudville

Olga Bourlin fauxever at sprynet.com
Thu Nov 4 15:37:03 UTC 2004

From: "Giu1i0 Pri5c0" <pgptag at gmail.com>

> I think our friend Mike has a very valid point when he calls for a
> fact check: most people just disagree with us. Again, it is up to us
> to change that. A way is not to limit ourselves to preaching to the
> converted, but also engage in debate with those who disagree.

Yes, you're right.  About all we can do is try to be good emissaries for our
point of view, I suppose...

As for the two "divided Americas" (as described by John Edwards in this
article - the article is not all that well written, but has a few good
points), it just seems as if the gap gets wider (as science and technology
marches forward), and "reasoning" with those on the evangelicals' side
doesn't seem to work at all.:

http://www.alternet.org/election04/20406/

Olga