[extropy-chat] No Joy in Mudville

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Thu Nov 4 23:45:05 UTC 2004

I think this may be where I would stand also. It disturbs me when
long-term partners are not afforded "next-of-kin" status in emergency
health situations. Or inheiritance. I have friends who've been
together more than 25 years... they're more "married" than most
married couples I know. But not in the eyes of the law. Something
needs adjusting here.

... it sounds like I'm only respecting long-term relationships, but
that's not the point.

Regards,
MB