[extropy-chat] No Joy in Mudville

Kevin Freels cmcmortgage at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 5 02:30:22 UTC 2004

> As transhumanists, a useful job would be one of reassurance; lots of
> head patting and comforting... "there there, it's ok, look out the
> window can you see it's a beautiful day? The world your children and
> your grandchildren are inheriting and creating may be weird and fast,
> but it is really good, better than you might have dreamed."

This is a really good point. I try to do this at times, but more often than
not, I get going about how great the future is going to be and end up
scaring the hell out of people. Often I am reminded that these are "obvious"
hints that Armageddon is upon us (again).
I really should spend a bit more time head-patting. Maybe if we all do a
little of this, people will relax a bit. :-)