[extropy-chat] No Joy in Mudville

Sahyinepu sahynepu at concentric.net
Fri Nov 5 03:54:35 UTC 2004

In my faith we have several gay people, and their grip on the issue,
and why they want some sort of legal recognition, etc, is for the same
legal rights straights have..like say for example, if one person gets
really ill and has to go to the hospital, the other person may not be
able to see them.  Also, if someone dies, the states tend to seek out
family member of the deceased, where as the person who the loved and
whom they shared their life with is ignored.   They spend several
thousand dollars more than any straight couple would with legal
nonsense just trying to overcome some of these issues.

People should rely on the state for legal recognition only, as far as
how the law recognizes them with regards to wills, etc, same as current
marriages give protection.  As for the religious aspect of marriage,
that is up to the person religious affiliation.  My faith has married
several members who are gay, that is our choice...if Baptists don't
want to do it, that is their choice...no one is being forced to marry
anyone...but the state should give the same legal protection and
recognition to gays as it gives to non-gays.

The Ancient Egyptians(and modern followers of the faith like myself)
viewed marriage as a legal contract only...America should do the same.

Sah