[extropy-chat] Extropian Scorecard

Patrick Wilken Patrick.Wilken at Nat.Uni-Magdeburg.DE
Fri Nov 5 17:55:57 UTC 2004

On 4 Nov 2004, at 19:15, natashavita at earthlink.net wrote:
> I am a non-party voter, and at the moment, I do not have much to say on
> this.  But to answer your questino, I suppose one way of looking at it
> is
> that President Bush would be more aggressive toward protecting the
> U.S. and
> its citizens against terrorism.

But surely its obvious that's he's failed? The whole situation is Iraq
is in a terrible state don't you agree? Don't you think that the
invasion of a country that had neither any involvement in 9/11 OR had
any weapons of mass destruction (i.e., had neither attacked the US or
the means to do so) has simply lead to date to +1100 US deaths, 10x US
causalities, 100x Iraq deaths, 1000x Iraqi casualties and much less
safety for America.

In no way has Bush protected America. So how is this possibly Extropian?

>  He also says he wants to reform taxation.

If he was cutting spending perhaps this would be true. But I recently
read that the US today has $100 billion less revenue and $400 billion
more expenditure than when Bush took on office. Tax reform without
limiting spending is just stupid.

So I am still no closer to finding out why anyone calling themselves
and Extropian would vote for Bush.

best, patrick