[extropy-chat] Extropian Scorecard

Technotranscendence neptune at superlink.net
Mon Nov 8 02:18:39 UTC 2004

On Sunday, November 07, 2004 7:56 PM Damien Broderick
thespike at satx.rr.com wrote:
> People get over lots of changes. When inflation
> robs us of our savings, we sit there quietly or
> muttering; there's hardly ever a bloody
> revolution with bankers' heads on poles.

Though I'm not sure the bankers cause inflation -- maybe the central
bankers do, but not bankers in general -- your gist is correct.  People
will get used to just about anything, especially if it comes in small
doses at first.  I'm reminded of a certain quaint phrase on the matter:
"all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer,
while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the
forms to which they are accustomed."

Cheers!

Dan
http://uweb.superlink.net/neptune/MyWorksBySubject.html

"He who does not bellow out the truth when he knows the truth makes
himself the accomplice of liars and forgers." -- Charles Péguy