[extropy-chat] Enlightenment and the election

Amara Graps amara.graps at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 08:03:54 UTC 2004

re: Scientists and engineers: breakdown of voting for Bush and Kerry

Small anecdotal data; Gathered at lunch in the cafeteria at a large
military/engineering company in Florence yesterday, and in a
teleconference last Thursday with our American and Italian colleagues.
Half of my working group (in Italy and the US) are engineers, designing
and building instruments on spacecraft. The rest are scientists and
various technicians. None of them voted for, in the case of the
Italians, would have voted for Bush.

I doubt that you can break down the election results into 'scientists'
(for Kerry) and 'engineers' (for Bush). The world and its people are not
that simple.

Amara

--
Amara Graps, PhD     www.amara.com
Istituto di Fisica dello Spazio Interplanetario (IFSI)
Roma, ITALIA     Amara.Graps at ifsi.rm.cnr.it