[extropy-chat] No Joy in Mudville

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 10 15:04:02 UTC 2004

--- Emlyn <emlynoregan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Adrian Tymes wrote:
> > "America is the worst democracy in the world, except
> > for all the other democracies in the world."  (For a
> > slightly incorrect/outdated definition that includes
> > republics.)
> >
> > I.e., it does not seem like anyone else has yet
> > implemented a far better solution.
>
> Hey big fella, that's a substantial claim. There are a LOT of
> democracies outside the US, and, living in one of them, I can tell
> you
> that your statement is not obviously true from the outside. Care to
> back that statement up?

1) What percent of the aboriginal population of Australia is either in
jail or has been in jail, compared to the anglo population, and compare
and contrast that to the US?

2) What is the fine for not voting?

3) What limitations are there on  right to speech, rights to bear arms,
to be secure in one's home against search and seizure, takings, and
what authority do parents have to educate their own children?

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)