[extropy-chat] Quantum astronomy experiment proposed

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 pgptag at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 10:46:40 UTC 2004

Space.com: Quantum astronomy experiment proposed, possibly using the
Allen Array Telescope and the narrow-band radio-wave detectors being
build by the SETI Institute and the University of California,
Berkeley.There are many ways we could go now in examining quantum
results. If conscious observation is needed for the creation of an
electron (this is one aspect of the Copenhagen Interpretation, the
most popular version of quantum physics interpretations), then ideas
about the origin of consciousness must be revised. If electrons in the
brain create consciousness, but electrons require consciousness to
exist, one is apparently caught in circular reasoning at best. But for
this essay, we shall not discuss quantum biology. Another path we
might go down would be the application of quantum physics to cosmology
-- either the Inflationary origin of the universe, or the Hawking
evaporation of black holes, as examples. But our essay is not about
this vast field either. Today we will discuss the scaling of the
simple double-slit laboratory experiment to cosmic distances, what can
truly be called, "quantum astronomy."
http://www.space.com/searchforlife/quantum_astronomy_041111.html