[extropy-chat] Re: Identity Erasure? or faulty platforms?

Extropian Agroforestry Ventures Inc. megao at sasktel.net
Sat Nov 13 16:13:37 UTC 2004

What is interesting to me is how the search engines pick  content to index.
Understanding that can create a very private site which almost never
shows up and yet is not restricted in an active sense.
Alternatively, if the same content is presented differently it will be
cross-indexed repeatedly.

Incidentally, I see a lot of you guys did take a look at the site in
question.
If you simply post information like would be the case if your desk was
left to pile up for a month or 2,  it may be shunned by the search
engines?
The indexing then follows a course which looks for  stadardization and
order  within the content?

The thing that concerns me is how  what I kept as a personal repository
went from being able to be found utilizing virtually every unique
keyword from its front page wording to virtually invisible except for 3
small portions.

When I look for information I would like to think that a carefully
planned search would find me everything linked to the web
that I am looking for.
Obviously this is not the case, and a significant potential  problem .
If the case in point I have created  is not unique, the question then is.
How much more content exists that is only to be found if one
specifically knows the URL it is resident upon.

Incidentally, I cloned the original site onto another server yesterday.
The content of the 2 will diverge over time but what I wanted to see
is if the search engines treat this new site any different from the
original one.
One thing I also did was to leave the archived content linked files to
both sites resident  only on the first site.
When a link say brings up a picture, it will load from the first site
and not be resident as a true copy on the second site.
The statistical counter is loaded onto both sites and  should show the
use of files and uploading  from the first via the second site.