[extropy-chat] Cramer on Afshar

scerir scerir at libero.it
Wed Nov 17 20:29:09 UTC 2004

[D.B.]
> You probably know about this, Serafino
> (and it's all mysterious wizardry to
> me), but I repost it from `a student' on
> sci.physics.research .......

I think I read it. But I forgot it completely!
There are many way to get the Schroedinger equation
(Einstein himself derived the equation as soon as
he got some information from Lorentz!). Essentially
it is a diffusion equation, with no predetermined time
arrow. It is possible to write a 'double' diffusion
equation with two opposite time arrows. But the physical
interpretation of the S. equation is still difficult.
(Even the interpretation of the fundamental equation
of the 'realistic' Bohmian quantum mechanics is difficult,
since many do not like the 'quantum potential', and since the
trajectories of the particles are, very often, completely 'surreal').
And there are many derivations of Robertson-Heisenberg
uncertainty relations. D.Deutsch and G.C.Ghirardi are writing
down a completely different uncertainty relation based
on 'entropy' (or information gain), that is the best
possible choice, to avoid the well known inconsistencies.
s.