[extropy-chat] COMP: Distributed Computing

Dan Clemmensen dgc at cox.net
Fri Nov 19 01:34:51 UTC 2004

scerir wrote:

>>A question: is there anything like AIathome? [...]
>>Now this would be a global brain!
>>Giu1iO
>>

>In the mean time they are developing theoretical
>models ...

Actually, the largest and most powerful distributed computing networks
are all too easy to join. to join, just use a Windows PC and disable
your firewall.
you will automatically join multiple distributed computing systems.

I refer of course to zombie pools. your computer will join multiple pools,
some of which have hundreds of thousands of members. Each pool your
computer joins will then use it as part of its particular endeavor. The
endeavor
is almost always the generation of email SPAM, but sometimes it will be
a DDoS
attack.