[extropy-chat] the question of self-termination

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Fri Nov 19 21:34:26 UTC 2004

--- Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:
> Sometimes, though, Sisyphus finds the task
> unendurable.
>
> What can we do to help him? As I said to a friend
> last night: What we need
> are healthy memes, satisfying work, and lots of
> hugs. Less bullshit and as
> much love as we can manage.

Reason: that which gives us the strength to love.

Love: that which gives us the strength to reason.

'Tis a cycle, and we may be focused on the reasoning
side of it (that being neglected by that which has
come before), but the cycle persists.  It is human
nature - and though we might plan for what comes
after, we have not yet changed it, and for now we must
work with what we have.  (And, once again, are we not
essentially about doing that which works?)