[extropy-chat] Re: Structure of AI

Hara Ra harara at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 25 06:55:45 UTC 2004

Um, ever heard of the 'butterfly effect'?

I can wave my hand, and the change in gravitation will move, at the speed
of light, throughout the entire visible universe. Changing the total status
of the universe is that easy. But, as is well demonstrated in classical
mechanics, let alone QM, is the leetle difficulty called 'chaos'. Even if
the function were describable (which it is not, due to impossiblity of
measurement) and all the initial conditions known, it will not be
computable by anything less than the entire universe, and we just can't see
all of those bits! IOW fuggetahabouditt....

>That's why the total status of the universe could be changed as a whole by
>some adjustment buttons.
>
>Walter.

=   Hara Ra (aka Gregory Yob)    =
=     harara at sbcglobal.net       =