[extropy-chat] Re: Structure of AI

Samantha Atkins samantha at objectent.com
Thu Nov 25 07:07:52 UTC 2004

I do not agree with your reductionism.  I don't agree that everything
real is fully reducible to physics unless much of what is meaningful to
critters like us is lost in the process.   In particular I don't
believe that lack of having come up with a test for "free will" means
that the existence of free will is in doubt.   I don't believe that all
that is real or important can be reduced to "testable physical
predicates".   Furthermore, I don't believe that you fully and
consistently believe this either.

- samantha