[extropy-chat] Not Just Rednecks for Bush

Brent Neal brentn at freeshell.org
Thu Nov 25 12:54:12 UTC 2004

 (11/24/04 10:24) "Hal Finney" <hal at finney.org> wrote:

>No amount of pontificating by
>Kass or lecturing from the pulpit will turn Americans away from life
>extension and make them embrace death.

Agreed. I think it will be difficult for Americans to afford the treatments though, since they will be likely priced in either euros or yen. Bush, on advice from Kass and the others, will enact policy making it difficult to do such research in the US. And if he continues with the economic policies of the past 4 years, we'll be looking at an extremely unfavorable exchange rate with the new First World's currencies.

Brent Neal
Geek of all Trades
http://brentn.freeshell.org

"Specialization is for insects" -- Robert A. Heinlein