[extropy-chat] alt.extropians

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Thu Nov 25 22:34:48 UTC 2004

--- Dirk Bruere <dirk at neopax.com> wrote:
> Why is not more use made of this NG?

Perhaps because it's in the alt.* hierarchy?  Or
because email and Web based forums are far more
popular?

--- Mike Lorrey <mlorrey at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Usenet is dead. Few people use it, few ISPs provide
> access to it (or
> inform their users that they do), and there are few
> or no free websites
> that provide access to it.

Few, but definitely not zero.  And Usenet's still
popular enough that I know several people who
regularly use specific groups in it just like we use
this mailing list.

It might not have grown as vigorously as the Web over
the past several years, but so long as it (in
aggregate) still has millions of active posters I
wouldn't quite call it "dead".