[extropy-chat] Atheism etc.

ben benboc at lineone.net
Sun Nov 28 23:31:53 UTC 2004

Well, i don't know anything about probability, but it seems to make
sense to me that there are perfectly good, ordinary reasons for the
phenomenon of belief in gods etc., throughout human history - reasons to
do with human psychology, and sociology - and that these are all that
are needed to explain such beliefs. No need to invoke any kind of
explanation that involves supernatural phenomena, or any other highly
unlikely scenarios. For me, at least, Mr. Occams beard-remover settles
the issue.
Yes, "God" DOES exist - as an idea in the minds of certain people.

I suppose this makes me an Occamist :-(
(Or a Razorite)

ben