[extropy-chat] US Pilots fight in Iraq - from Las Vegas !!!!!!

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Mon Oct 4 16:25:51 UTC 2004

What, you didn't know about this?  This was announced
some time ago.  The era of video game wars has begun.

Now if only they could automate the ground forces,
especially the infantry, with the same degree of
effectiveness.  (Among other challenges: getting a
reliable radio signal in the urban jungle, and making
the robots sufficiently aesthetically pleasing to
help with humanitarian missions and/or get citizens to
open up to them and confide about the terrorists they
just saw.)

<http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2089-1291243,00.html>