[extropy-chat] Re: sex selection in Asia? (a modest proposal)

Hara Ra harara at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 9 04:01:55 UTC 2004

It is a universal fact that at birth 51% of babies are male, but at
reproductive age the ratio is nearly 50% (Males are slightly more likely to
die.) I would not know the details re Japan (if any Japanese are on the
list, kindly tell us), but since sex determination prior to birth is not
yet a factor (often done via aminocentosis) there must be some external
mechanism. Bear in mind that when something is illegal, the reportage
statistics are usually less than the actual values.

TrendOlogist wrote:
>Even in Japan?
>

>  >Hara Ra <harara at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> > Hardly. The Asian gender imbalance is not genetic,
> > it is by various forms
> > of infantacide due to a cultural preference for
> > males. You can't sell
> > females to them. You pay Them by providing Dowries.

=   Hara Ra (aka Gregory Yob)    =
=     harara at sbcglobal.net       =
=   Alcor North Cryomanagement   =
=   Alcor Advisor to Board       =