[extropy-chat] defending life?

Bryan Moss bryan.moss at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Oct 11 16:01:40 UTC 2004

Mike Lorrey wrote:

>If you lack a moral compass that allows you to distinguish, try this one on for size: the unborn are innocent. Murderers, islamofascists, and terrorists are not. Is he being excessively pedantic about cells in a petri dish? Probably. He is not, however, being pedantic about the wrongness of government funding such activity with the money of taxpayers who are morally opposed to it.

If the government didn't fund activities that x number of taxpayers are
morally opposed to, where x is (at least) the number of taxpayers
opposed to stem cell research, I doubt there would be a death penalty.
There would certainly be no Iraq war (or at least no government funding
for it).  And that's assuming x is very high.  The whole notion seems
rather silly, if I may say so.

BM