[extropy-chat] Moore, Morford, Doonesbury & Dawkings

Olga Bourlin fauxever at sprynet.com
Tue Oct 12 00:54:40 UTC 2004

From: "Mike Lorrey" <mlorrey at yahoo.com>

> "Pause here. Think about that. A hundred years, everyone now alive,
> dead. Everyone. You. Me. Bush. Your kids. All dead. Guaranteed."
>
> I don't think Morford is our type of people.

Not many people have heard of "us."  I only myself heard of "us" a few years
ago, and that's only because I'm married to a wonderfully strange man. ;-)

I have to tell you, when I first heard of "us" - I rolled my eyes (and I
thought, "Sheesh, get serious!").

I have introduced the subject of "us" to a few people since then, and have
seen that same rolling-of-the-eyes directed at me.  So now I keep a few "The
Spike(s)" around, and have given the book to a few of my good friends,
rather than try to sputter and explain what "we" are all about.

I didn't expect Morford to necessarily have heard of us (and if he hasn't -
maybe someday he will).  But I just think Morford's writing "floats like a
butterfly, stings like a bee ..." (i.e., I find him very entertaining, and a
good antidote to Bill O'Reilly et al...).  I know Morford sounds somewhat
like a liberal, but he's actually got a libertarian outlook at times.

Olga