[extropy-chat] POLL: Principles of Extropy

KPJ kpj at sics.se
Tue Oct 12 13:43:26 UTC 2004

It appears as if Hal Finney <hal at finney.org> wrote:

|1. Rational Thinking
|2. Self-Direction
|3. Open Society
|4. Intelligent Technology
|5. Self Transformation
|6. Perpetual Progress
|7. Practical Optimism
|
|If enough people are interested we could try combining our results into
|an overall ranking of the Principles.

1. Self-Direction		- or you will be a slave, a borg droid.
2. Open Society			- or it all becomes an excercise of futility.
3. Rational Thinking		- or you have religion, not science.
4. Practical Optimism		- or you will never find it worth while.
5. Self-Transformation		- or you will stagnate, become reactionary.
6. Intelligent Technology	- the way to do it
7. Perpetual Progress		- the thing to do

Without those above those below becomes meaningless to a free individual.
(I prefer to be a free man in a low-tech society to a slave in a high-tech.)