[extropy-chat] POLL: Principles of Extropy

Max More max at maxmore.com
Wed Oct 13 20:07:35 UTC 2004

I'm glad to see some discussion of the Principles of Extropy. Thanks for
kicking this off, Hal, and keep that feedback and input coming!

Although I don't see the relevance of Moore's Law to the Principles (Mike's
comment), I *have* been giving thought to a version 4 for quite some time.
That's why feedback now is especially welcome. I'd like to *reduce* the
number of principles, focusing on the core ideas, perhaps with a second
"lower" level of principles.

I haven't been following the list closely enough to comment on whether the
political posts have generally been "useless and off topic". Hal's
suggestion that such discussions be tied back to something specifically
extropic is surely good advice.

To make one thing clear -- Hal's post was his personal view, and not any
kind of official proposal to restrict political discussions here. Talk of a
"witch hunt" is mere hyperbole.

Onward!

Max

Max More, Ph.D.