[extropy-chat] 22nd century

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 14 01:26:43 UTC 2004

> Damien Broderick
>
> Spontaneous abortion of foetuses more than several months developed
can
> certainly be shattering, especially when a baby is
> desperately sought... the failure of an
> early implanted in vitro conceptus, where so much anxiety and
> uncomfortable preparation has been expended by the hopeful,
hormone-drenched
> mother-to-be, and that's almost exactly a counter-instance
> because of its special and `unnaturally' induced physical prelude.
>
> Damien Broderick

Speaking as one who has been thru this five times,
Damien may have understated his case.  The medications
women must take to undergo fertility treatments cause
them to focus their entire existence upon procreation.
The emotional impact upon the woman appears to me
worse than losing an adored grandparent.