[extropy-chat] 22nd century

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Thu Oct 14 04:10:56 UTC 2004

At 11:43 AM 10/13/2004 -0700, Mike Lorrey wrote:

>Sounds like self-serving spin to me.

Like self-ser... Like... Ack!

>Try this on for size:
>
>[...]
>http://sheknows.com/about/look/22.htm
>
>"Pregnancy begins w  ithsex.

I love it! The very distillation of True Knowledge! Quant suff!

< Pregnancy begins with sex -- and for some women, it ends with some sexual
feelings, too. How can birth be pleasurable? Is it really as far-fetched as
it may sound? Diana Korte and Roberta Scaer, authors of A Good Birth, A
Safe Birth: Choosing and Having the Childbirth Experience You Want, explain.

Glorious experience?
"It's a glorious experience. I know there are a lot of people who say, 'Oh,
I hated being pregnant.' I felt exhilarated and really wonderful. ...[My
second birth] was two days of labor, but not bad, not hard -- it was easy."
Actress Demi Moore, Oprah Winfrey Show, 1991 >

Okay, you win, Mike--who am I to dispute with Demi and Oprah?

Damien Broderick