[extropy-chat] Presidential Debates

Olga Bourlin fauxever at sprynet.com
Thu Oct 14 04:19:58 UTC 2004

From: "Mike Lorrey" <mlorrey at yahoo.com>

> Other election news:
> Tennessee Democrats are putting up posters of a kid with a Bush face
> running on a track, with the caption, "Voting for Bush is like running
> in the Special Olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded."
> Possibly one of the most vile things I've seen this election.

Vile?  Hey, whatever happened to "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me." ...?

And "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen." ...?"

Election or no election, this is what's *really* vile (and this doesn't even include the Iraqi civilian deaths):

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2003/iraq/forces/casualties/2004.10.html

> I also see that Bill O'Reilly might be a minor October surprise, with a
> $60 million sexual harassment lawsuit by a former producer against him,
> with a preceding suit against the producer and her lawyer for attempted
> extortion. Her suit is on SmokingGun, O'Reilly's is on DrudgeReport.
> Promises to make the Clarence Thomas hearings look tame.

Oh, dear, O'Reilly.  Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Olga