[extropy-chat] Hedonism? Why or why not? Was (John C. Wright finds god)

Trend Ologist trendologist at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 15 03:14:08 UTC 2004

Hedonism is something of an accurate description of
*my* philosophy but Escapism is more to the point. As
some might turn to drink, drugs, religion, art,
travel, and so on, I continually escape not so much
from reality but from the power-grasping of others; I
think most people are motivated by power, and to spend
an entire lifetime avoiding the clutches of others
seems a decent manner of life to my way of reckoning.
Name your poison, Brett.
*My* worldview is based economically on PR Sarkar's
theories, and politically on James Madison.  As for
spirituality? Good question. It would take a book to
begin to describe *my* spiritual leanings, or lack
thereof.