[extropy-chat] Re: POLITICS: 537 Economists Criticize Bush and Kerry

Eliezer Yudkowsky sentience at pobox.com
Mon Oct 18 01:36:58 UTC 2004

Christian Weisgerber wrote:

> (Can anybody point me to some introductory psychological literature
> that covers group mentality?  I imagine this being so basic that
> it must have been exhaustively treated even a century ago.)

Not a century ago, but you can find quite a lot on it in social psychology
- any textbook or reader will have something on it.  Group polarization,
inter-group dynamics, etc.  Social psychology has the dreadful and
startling and reproducible experiments, evolutionary psychology has the
explanation and math.