[extropy-chat] google saves

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 20 02:01:08 UTC 2004

Hey cool, check this:

That gives me an idea.  We could machine-generate a
few thousand pro-Islamic articles.  Then anyone who was
travelling where they might be apprehended by Islamic
terrorists could just copy one of them onto their website.
Then the terrorists might google on their captive's name,
find the article, then be convinced to let the person go.

Actually that whole idea is scalable.  We could have
a script that automatically loads into one's website
a machine-generated article sticking up for whatever
terrorists inhabit the land you wish to visit.  Then
if kidnapped, you pull out the laptop and demonstrate
how much you despise the {fill in name of enemy-du-jour}
and how you have struggled for decades to help the
(fill in name of captors}.  A long resume of good
deeds could be generated.  This would be perfectly
moral thing to do even if false, since the deceived
are those who threaten to lop off your head.