[extropy-chat] Raelians

natashavita at earthlink.net natashavita at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 21 15:51:21 UTC 2004

Good points.

Didn't Gov. Schwarzenegger publicly state that he supports therapeutic stem
cell cloning?

Let’s think about the magnitude of this.  (1) Schwarzenegger is world
famous.  He is known as an athlete and a smart businessman. He is married
to the US royal family.  He is an icon in Hollywood.  People listen to him.
(2) Christopher Reeve just passed away.  He may become the hero of what
“could have been” had he received advanced biotechnological treatment.
This in itself sends a powerful message.

This is a mighty award against bioconservatives. And we might have another
one:

If the Proactionary Principle becomes a known doctrine for determining how
to address and deal with new technologies and policy making, etc., then we
do have a chance.

So, I’ll ask that you all get behind the Proactionary Principle.

Max is giving a talk at the World Futures Society meeting this evening on
the Proactionary Principle.  Write to the World Futures Society and tell
them that you support the Proactionary Principle and that you encourage
them to support and promote it.

Many thanks

Natasha