[wta-talk] Re: [extropy-chat] Raelians

natashavita at earthlink.net natashavita at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 21 20:25:59 UTC 2004

It is not just intellectual credibility, although this is a worthy
variable. Other variables that affect the reinforcement of further
development and influences of transhumanism, are the number of valued
innovative thinkers, number of scientists, number of academics, number of
accomplished futurists, number of PhDs, number of conferences, seminars,
summits, and events, number of courses, number of books written referencing
transhumanism or transhumanists individuals, number of televised interviews
with transhumanists, number of organizations that have stemmed out of
transhumanism, amount of worth of the ideas developed by transhumanists,
amount of effort produced by transhumanists, and amount of leading edge.

While one could lump all these elements together, they actually function on
their own and influence each other separately to reinforce the growth of
transhumanism.

On another point, I do not think that it is necessarily a bad thing that
transhumanist do not feel the need or are not driven to donate money, as
the practice is with religious organizations (passing the cup).  I am not
so certain that "membership" is a positive variable or a necessary one.  It
could very well be a limiting one.

Natasha