[extropy-chat] Re: sexy shape-shifting

Brian Mackenzie brian at touchecstasy.com
Fri Oct 22 22:57:27 UTC 2004

A couple of good books related to the topic of shape-shifting are Fred Alan
Wolf's _The Eagle's Quest_, in which he visits with a couple of shamanic
practitioners (Native Americans, I believe) who are adept at shape-shifting,
creating dopplegangers (or being in two places at once), etc.

Then there is the fictional but very suggestive novel _The Wood Wife_. A web
page exploring the various metaphors (including shapeshifting) used by the
author can be seen here:

http://www.mythicjourneys.org/passages/septoct2003/newsletterp10.html

Also the movie "Underworld" is all about shapeshifting "weres" and
vampires....