[extropy-chat] slaveholders got their just desserts

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 24 05:59:37 UTC 2004

--- Trend Ologist <trendologist at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Scab labor? Since when did libertarians oppose scab
> labor?
>
> > cheerleaders.
> > Northern industrialists needed cheap scab labor to
> > combat the nascent
> > labor movement.
>
> Humans can only be deemed 'property' by a degraded
> consciousness.

Your lack of comprehension is striking. I never said I opposed scab
labor, that is your assumption.

Your lack of ability to judge people in the context of their time is
also striking. Northern industrialists were only slightly less, or just
as guilty as slaveholders of lacking the conciousness to note that
humans are not property.

In the context of the times, and in the clear language of the
Constitution (at that time a flawed document), it was a just attitude.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)