[extropy-chat] Sean, don't waste your time

Sean Diggins sean at valuationpartners.com.au
Sun Oct 24 09:27:24 UTC 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Trend Ologist

Ruling classes will continue for generations. Best we
can do is promote multi-racial ruling classes, rather
than having whites forever at the top of the food
chain. Now, you are young and it is only fitting you
should be interested in Marxism or liberation theology
or whatever-it-may be. I am intolerant but don't
actually hate Communists, fundamentalists & rednecks,
just want to AVOID THEM. Can you understand that? If
one were to genuinely hate another, one might wish to
lynch them, put them in an oven, or convert their skin
into a lampshade. One more time: It's not true hatred
or vicious intolerance, it is the desire to avoid
those who want to suck me into their
religion/ideology.
Is the above too hard to comprehend?

Nope. Got it.
But I'm not "young" in a knowledge sense.
44 years of knowledge absorption under my belt.
44 laps of the sun.
Maybe that's young to you, but I feel pretty old sometimes when I finish my
day's work.....

Ruling classes will not be able to continue _as they are now_ after The
Spike.
That was the entire point of my original post earlier today.
And how many generations are we now talking before the spike hits?

This is the interesting aspect, politically. The concept that technology is
the main hope for movement towards a more egalitarian system applied
globally to humanity is tantalizing, yes? And I truly believe it could
change the limitations of ALL existing political, economical and social
systems.

My point was, unless this happens at the same time as capitalism eats
itself, the future is VERY uncertain and, indeed, frightening.

It's like a strange kind of "cross-fade" phenomenon, which (as an audio
engineer) I'm very familiar with.

Maybe that could be the tile of David's next book?

"The Cross-Fade" - a book describing how we will (or wont) handle
transition.......

Sean