[extropy-chat] unusual names

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sun Oct 24 17:56:25 UTC 2004

> Sean Diggins
>
> Yeah, I know.
> Alreay corrected it in a previous post...

People with unusual names must go thru hell in
elementary school.  Jeez it was hard enough being
Greg Jones.  Somehow the kids managed to come up
with wordplay, or failing that, Pope Gregory.
Imagine if I had been Mortimer Phlegmhorker.

Perhaps Damien is common in Australia?

> As someone very used to being called Shane, Shaun, Seen,
> Shawn and other
> variations of Sean, I understand your annoyance spike.
>
> Sean

Not annoyed, just curious.  I hadn't followed the entire
thread, and didn't know if you were referring to one of
David Brin's books and had the title off a little.

My brother-in-law's name is Sean.  He got so tired of
being called Seen that he changed it to Scott.  {8^D  spike