[extropy-chat] Titan images start to come in

Amara Graps amara.graps at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 22:48:28 UTC 2004

Hal Finney
>Those dark areas sure look like oceans to me.

Still not clear. The operating assumption since July is
that those dark features are craters, relaxed. No one
since the orbit insertion is thinking that there is
liquid on the surface, but let's see after more
enhancement of the images and data from the
other instruments.

BTW: The Cassini "Saturn Universe" Workshop was
in Capri a few weeks ago. A good and intense time was
had by all...You can  read the titles on the link below..
At some point soon, we'll have the presentations online.

http://www1.ifsi.rm.cnr.it
(click on the "Capri" link)

Amara

--
Amara Graps, PhD     www.amara.com
Istituto di Fisica dello Spazio Interplanetario (IFSI)
Roma, ITALIA     Amara.Graps at ifsi.rm.cnr.it