[extropy-chat] morons in office

Brian Lee brian_a_lee at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 28 15:01:55 UTC 2004

I think that tested intelligence is subjective to the testing body. But true
Intelligence is absolute and spans culture, time, etc. Intelligence is the
ability to comprehend spatial concepts, relate to others, etc etc. Sort of
like raw computational power of the brain.

I read this book once by David Wingrove called "Chun Kwo" or something many
years ago. Sort of pulpy sci-fi (future alternate history where china's
culter dominates) but anyway... One of the characters was extremely
intelligent and he was able to picture the entire night sky with his eyes
closed and then rotate all of the stars as they would throughout the night's
movement.

I think the character was an uneducated, poor child who had raw capacity.
It's sort of a balance between raw brain power and not be autistic.

I also think it has a lot to do with concept synthesis, not just
memorization.

BAL