[extropy-chat] Howling at the Moon (Eclipse tonight)

Alfio Puglisi puglisi at arcetri.astro.it
Thu Oct 28 17:40:13 UTC 2004

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, Mike Lorrey wrote:

>We took a break from our Freedom Forum meeting last night to watch the
>eclipse occur. This is the second I've witnessed in my life and it was
>great. I heard that this will be the last one for 46 years.

Not really. Lunar eclipses occur quite regularly about two times a year,
and almost half of them are total. The geometry is such that the eclipse
is visible from most of the world. Look at

http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse/LEcat/LEdecade2001.html

for a list of past and future lunar eclipses from 2001 to 2010.

Alfio