[extropy-chat] Robin Hood (was: Bush wants another $75 billion forwars)

Brian Lee brian_a_lee at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 29 20:01:03 UTC 2004

I think the concern is that the extension of the "Robin Hood" mantra is that
there will always be some group who perceives another group as having
wrongfully acheieved wealth. Stealing it and redistributing is not the
solution. But it sounds good so people like Robin Hood. "Steal from the
rich, give to the poor."

The rich consist of anyone who has more wealth than you and the poor are
anyone with less wealth. So then it should be ok for me to steal from you to
give to me since you have more money than I (for the sake of this argument).
It's a slipperly slope.

Who the rich bastards are varies based on cultural influences, etc. So
taking money from the rich bastards today could be tomorrow's saints.

BAL