[extropy-chat] impeccable birth control

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 10:38:33 UTC 2004

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 23:15:48 -0700, Spike wrote:
> Most technology
> is bad, since it gives people distractions from copulation,
> which for so long was the only really good form of
> entertainment (was it not?) and television is one of the
> most tragic technologies ever invented.  Now we have a
> number of activities that people claim are as good as
> or perhaps better than sex.  If I were a selfish gene,
> I would be so alarmed.

*Now we have a number of activities that people claim are as good as
or perhaps better than sex.*

Hmmm. Might another factor be the Independence and education of
western women? They now expect a lot more from sex and a relationship
than previous generations. Perhaps men look at the long list of hoops
they are now expected to jump through (and pay for the privilege) and
just say that they can't be bothered with all that hassle.

Put the game on TV and get a cold one from the fridge sounds much better.

BillK