[extropy-chat] Re: Youthful characteristics

ben benboc at lineone.net
Sat Oct 30 20:44:31 UTC 2004

BillK wrote:
"I strongly suspect that a population of long-lived people,
virtually immortal, whether in human-like bodies or uploaded to a
molecular computer, will be very different to our present day
civilization. "

Of course they will. And i expect they will be capable of looking at the
youthful activities and attitudes you describe, analyse what's
beneficial and what's harmful about them, and work out how to keep the
former while disposing of the latter.

I suspect we have a hard time thinking realistically about posthumans,
and posthuman society, precisely because they will be posthuman and
we're not.

ben