Why bet only imaginary money? (wasRe:[extropy-chat]SETI:Firstradio signal from alien)

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sat Sep 4 06:14:12 UTC 2004

> Brett Paatsch
>
> I'd definately be interested.  I think the market would hone good
> ideas and disclose good and bad futures analysts.
>
> I wouldn't mind losing money (and so empowering) someone good
> enough to take it from me (because I'd learn something that mattered).
> I can also see how it would be useful to be able to hedge.
>
> Brett

Wait a minute, its coming back to me now.  We have been
over this ground before.  Either that or I am having
deja vu, that strange feeling you someti...
mz get...

This is such an obvious idea, it is inconceivable that
it hasn't already been done.  We concluded at the time,
about 4 yrs ago, that someone somewhere was already
running a real money IFX.  Then one of our absent ExIers
posted me offlist asking if I wanted to join a real
money IFX.  I was busy with a graduate class at the time
so I declined, and never got back with it.

Whoever is running a real money IFX or knows who is doing
so, please contact Brett offline and invite him to join,
thanks.