[extropy-chat] hurricane frances

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 4 17:29:52 UTC 2004

--- Spike <spike66 at comcast.net> wrote:

> But the newsers have acted very irresponsibly.

Of course they have. They are NOT public services, despite what they
claim and the sheeple think. They are profit centers.

> The fleeing
> proles have evidently failed to calculate the range of their
> Detroits and failed to adequately plan what they would do
> at the end of that fuel tank.  (These soldiers will never
> make general.  I hope.)  With inadequate fuel and food aboard,
> now there are dead conveyances everywhere along I95 and I75,
> the two major arteries out of Florida, filled with panicked
> proles, frantically searching for fuel, food and water.  Well
> fer crying the hell out loud!  They have put themselves in
> greater danger than if they would just sit tight at home.

Lemmings. Of course, few of them, if any, had prepared for such
eventualities despite living their lives in hurricane alley. No
gasoline stockpiles in the garage, durable food supplies or potable
water. People were apparently pissed about Charley too, they were told,
depending on their community, to either evacuate to locations that
wound up in the path of the storm, or they were not adequately warned
and they wound up bearing the brunt.

> They keep saying there is a mandatory evacuation, but of
> course no one has the authority to make you leave your
> home.  Its *your* home.

The CEO of my company told me he got a statement from the Chief of
Police of Palm Beach, who apparently has tried to declare a state of
emergency (under what authority did he do that?), and has banned the
sale or display of guns or ammunition by retail establishments and
banned the stockpiling of ammo and the bearing of firearms in Palm
Beach for the duration. I hope he gets his career handed to him next
city council meeting. People should be outraged. The boss has ignored
the evacuation and is holed up at the office without power and armed to
the gills, as some squirrelly characters were scoping out the
industrial area he is in.

=====
Mike Lorrey
Chairman, Free Town Land Development