[extropy-chat] hurricane frances

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 07:08:21 UTC 2004

Something like one of these - it's a GSM terminal, basically a little
computer with a phone, and I/O ports.
http://www.ericsson.com/mobilityworld/developerszonedown/downloads/docs/m2m/gt47_gt48r1a.pdf

plus battery backup and an attached webcam (hopefully that could be
attached through the rj12 port, or maybe you're stuck with the com
port). It'd be a few hundred bucks, but it's small (about
2''x3''x1''). I've got one here on my desk, cool little device! 44K
for code plus approx 20K ram.

If someone chose to provide this as a commercial service, you could
allow people to set these things up inside a private network (must be
in conjunction with a telco), and make them addressable from the
outside via a webservice, or even specific setups through a central
website.

--
Emlyn

http://emlynoregan.com   * blogs * music * software *